The executive function is, besides the governance function, the second main tasks of top management, i.e. the highest level of management in an institution. Both are necessary pre-requisites for a functioning (and successful) management. The executive function is responsible for 7 tasks within an organisation:
1. Corporate policy, strategy, planning and budgeting;
3. Management and HR management;
4. Controlling and reporting;
5. Issue management;
6. Communication (external and internal);
7. Risk and crisis management.